Issues and bug reporting¶
If you encounter any issue and you are not able to to run GlobaLeaks h
- Be sure to strictly follow the Installation Guide for installation
- Be sure to satisfy the Technical Requirements for hardware and operating system version.
- Search on the support forum to check if a user has already encountered your issue: https://forum.globaleaks.org
- Report the issue on the official software ticking system: https://github.com/globaleaks/GlobaLeaks/issues
Useful debugging commands¶
Depending on your setup. There are a few things that are usually the first things to check to see if GlobaLeaks is working.
- Is the service running?
service globaleaks status
- Is the service responding on the loopback interface?
curl -vvv localhost:8082
- Is the service listening on external interfaces? Is Tor2Web service listening on 443?
- Are exceptions being generated?
There are a few useful logs and corresponding log files when GlobaLeaks is installed.
The verbosity is configurable via the web interface of the software inside Advanced Settings.
/var/log/tor/log Iptables: /var/log/syslog AppArmor: /var/log/kern.log